NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Let's Pretend

On Tuesday I got a last minute call to review The Pretenders at The State Theatre. I would be lying if I said I was anything other than a moderate admirer of the band (I only have the singles collection. Yes, yes, I know it's lame), but I went along knowing that, at the very least, I would get to see a living legend in action.

As it turned out, they were brilliant, and I am now a fully-fledged fan. Chrissie Hynde was one of the best frontpeople I have ever seen. She was in total control of the band and the crowd for the whole night, and proved herself to be affable, fiesty, funny and frighteningly cool.

For a 55-year-old woman to pull rock postures in skinny jeans could have been the worst thing ever if it had been done even slightly wrong. As it was, Hynde was the coolest person in the room by a fucking mile.

You can read my review in next week's Drum Media. Which reminds me, I'd better write it.

No comments: