NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Cabins, Sherlock's Daughter and Bridezilla at the Annandale

I fly out of Sydney this week, back to cast my critical eye over the English music scene for a few months. On Friday I squeezed in one last gig in Sydney. Pleasingly, I was just a punter for this one, so my notebook stayed at home. I still had my camera with me though.There has been a lot of talk about Cabins (below) lately, who opened the night. There is potential there, if the hype-machine lays off them.Next up were Sherlock's Daughter (below), who were kinda wonderful. Quirky, eclectic and fun, their set improved with every song as their weird, cacophonous sound swirled around the room.Fittingly, my last gig in Sydney was the band I have been championing from the beginning. I have written enough words about Bridezilla (below and at top) already, but suffice to say I cannot wait for their debut album later this year.And so to England, where NME hails a new saviour of music every Wednesday...

No comments: