NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Friday, October 14, 2011

Tess Georgia Dimos interviews Bobby Six!


Bobby Townsend, the, ahem, brains behind Bobbysix.com, is used to being the man asking the questions. Sometimes though, like here, he becomes the interviewee, where he stutters and stumbles his way through the simplest of questions. This week, he was interviewed by the delightful Tess Georgia Dimos (above, who he interviewed earlier in the year) about his experiences talking to models. Here's a snippet:

Hey Bobby ! So, you have interviewed quite a few models over the past year or so, is it a pleasant experience speaking to a model? 

I first started interviewing models as I was very keen to feature a more eclectic bunch of people on my blog, rather than just bands. So I spoke to some writers, artists, film-makers, models, etc. The model interviews always got the most views, so I was obviously keen to feature more. As I started doing more interviews with them, I found that the quality of answer was invariably very good. At first, I couldn’t really work out why these interviews always went so well, but then I realised that, often, models don’t really get the chance to air their voice. They are just treated as glorified clothes horses, bossed around and not always shown much respect. So, when someone actually makes the effort to say, “Tell me about yourself, I’m really interested in what you have to say,” they are happy to take the opportunity to show that they are more than two-dimensional characters. The thing that often comes across is how much more to their lives there is than modelling. The generally accepted idea that models are vacuous is completely unrepresentative, in my opinion. The vast majority of models are intelligent, friendly and endearing.

You can read the full interview here

No comments: