NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Friday, December 09, 2011

A few words with Ben Salter


Bobbysix.com had a quick chat with Ben Salter as he prepared for his gig tonight at The Gaelic in Sydney:

How has the tour with Busby Marou been? 
It's been great, all the crowds have been receptive and I think overall the Busby fans have picked up what I'm laying down. Except the couple in Fremantle who I chastised mid song for talking loudly through my whole set. Don't reckon they'll be coming back.

You've toured with some big names this year. What have you learnt from these experiences?
That I still have a lot to learn. Oh, and that Raymond Kurzweil thinks humans are gonna merge with computers in around twenty years. Thanks Paul Dempsey.

Was performing with Kimbra on Rockwiz fun and do you have any plans to work together again? 
Yes it was great. She's very talented and insanely composed for someone so young. No plans at this stage, but I suppose it's always a possibility. I'm sure our paths will cross again at some stage.

What does 2012 have in store for you? 
I think maybe I am going to go overseas and have adventures. Probably release another album too. Making albums is the fun part.

Complete the following sentence. You should turn up early to see my set at The Gaelic tonight because... then you can get a good spot to see The Winter People who are playing right after me and are awesome! Oh and cause I'm pretty good too if you like that sort of thing.

Catch Ben Salter, Winter People and Busby Marou at The Gaelic in Sydney tonight. Oh and here's that duet with Kimbra we were talking about. We love a bit of Supergrass.


Interview by Bobby Townsend

No comments: