NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Monday, February 06, 2012

Getting To Know... Tenley Nordstrom


Up-and-coming model Tenley Nordstrom has decided to walk away from the industry. In an honest and open interview, she talks to Bobbysix.com about giving it all up: 

Modelling has been a vehicle for me to travel and experience different sides of the world and people, but it's not like it has given me a whole lot more than that. I still really love the medium of photography though. For instance, Sally Mann is somebody I think is amazing, and she has nothing to do with fashion. As far as looking at maybe, Italian Vogue, I can see through it all now. I know what goes into it so the glamour has gone. I'm still grateful for everything that has happened - I wouldn't be the person I am without it -  but I'm at peace with that and I can use what I've learned elsewhere now.

The reason, more than any other, that I'm quitting modeling is because of the superficiality. I am not a superficial person and I can no longer live in a completely superficial world.... READ THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE.

No comments: