NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grimes - Visions


Liana Gow-Killingbeck gets movin' to the sweet sounds of Grimes:

The first time I heard the new Grimes album was a tad embarrassing. I decided I was going to listen to Canadian Claire Boucher’s third record, Visions, in the car whilst driving to the beach, you know, because there’s something rather awesome about cruising around town, windows down, to yummy new tunes. What I didn’t realise was the effect this bewitching record would have upon me and my poor, unsuspecting limbs.

As a dancer, I can’t help but react physically to music that captivates me, and Visions succeeded to do just that. Consequently, I found myself whipping out some crazy D-moves all the way into town; shoulder popping, head rolling, finger clicking fun, and boy did my imagination run wild (I envisioned myself dancing on the moon attired in alfoil with loads of aliens and robots surrounding me – quite a normal reaction, I’m sure).

This was fine until I realised that the car full of teenagers driving adjacent to me found my wacky physical interpretations to be just as amusing as the energetic songs themselves. Whooops-a-daisy.

READ MORE...

No comments: