NOTE, BOBBYSIX HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE INSTEAD, WHERE YOU WILL FIND SO MUCH AWESOME CONTENT THAT YOUR EYES WON'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK FIRST: SOMETHINGYOUSAID.COM

Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting To Know... Nicole Dora


You may have noticed an unfamiliar name attached to yesterday's film review. With Nicole Dora becoming the latest writer to join BobbySix's team of awesomeness, it's only polite to introduce her to you. So here she is, in her own words:

Writing is so wonderful. But there are times when I could liken the activity to giving birth to a litter of puppies. And not in a good way.

I'd love to interview someone without getting even the slightest bit nervous. Sometimes I remind myself of a tiny, tiny mouse. In an attempt to give a proper answer, I’m going to say Obama, but only because his dog Bo is hell cute and I would love to play puppy tug-of-war with him.

I'm currently listening to my ipod on shuffle because there are so many songs on there that I didn’t even know I had, or know who the hell sings them. And anything by The Jezabels because they are freaking awesome.

Sydney is pretty ace. I never thought to appreciate our harbour until I went to New York and peered into their dirty, dirty harbour (I swear it looked red?). I also never thought to appreciate our amazing beaches until I tried swimming at Coney Island (take my word for it, its fun enough to chill on the wharf).

If I could only listen to three albums for the rest of my life they would be:

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker, because if I was in a situation where I had to listen to only three albums for the rest of my life I would feel like I’m tripping balls, and its fun to trip balls to Tame Impala.

Arcade Fire -The Suburbs 

Anything by The Jezabels because they are freaking awesome.

I feel slightly nervous with putting these three choices up so don’t judge me. I promise you albums that narrowly missed out include The National’s High Violet and Warpaint’s The Fool.

When I'm not writing you can find me drinking copious amounts of green tea, teaching myself how to crochet, sweating it out at yoga, wandering up and down King St in Sydney's Newtown, eating Japanese food, eating Indian food, pretty much eating any food that crosses my path, annoying my cat Wally, chilling with my pigeon Lucky, feeding my dog Scruffy, searching for the perfect plastic pink flamingo and figuring out what kind of things I should write in interviews like this!


Check out Nicole's Tumblr here.

No comments: